With miles of piping and tons of equipment to consider for on-stream inspection or monitoring you probably have:
- Applied a methodology prioritizing equipment or systems for scrutiny.
- Developed and utilize a scheme considering failure probability and consequences combined effects for your decisions.
- Arrived at these decisions together with maintenance, inspection and operations.
- Identified the most likely potential damage mechanisms and fracture critical areas potentially impacting reliability and/or mechanical integrity (MI), and combined with past experience and technical knowledge determined a representative percentage of area to inspect.
- Budgets have been set.
- You have identified NDE methods capable of detecting respective potential damage mechanisms with sensitivities and accuracies satisfying engineering critical assessment (ECA) criteria.
- Inspection techniques have been evolving/developing and qualified.
- NDE vendors and/or in-house personnel have been qualified to some extent, as well.