Be better than you were yesterday! This is my ultimate goal, each and every day. It’s not always going to be obvious or awe-inspiring, but if I can just make some improvements each day—physically, intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, etc.—I will continue to grow, and positive growth is what I am constantly striving to achieve.
The same goes for Inspectioneering. Over the last several years, our team has worked diligently to create high-quality resources for the under-served niche of inspection, maintenance, and engineering professionals in our industry. In this relatively short amount of time, we have grown our global presence to nearly 10,000 digital users and subscribers in over 100 countries. Yet, there is still much to be done. There is still much to improve.
So, in the spirit of growth, I am pleased to announce that in 2017 we are adding several new members to Inspectioneering’s Editorial Board. This team of industry subject matter experts will guide the direction of the Journal and other Inspectioneering resources for years to come. In addition to our founder and Chief Editor Greg Alvarado, and long-time Inspectioneering SME John Reynolds, the following individuals were hand selected to join the 2017-2018 Editorial Board:
- Mark Geisenhoff: Mark currently serves as the Global Fixed Equipment Leader for Flint Hills Resources LP and possessed over 30 years of experience in the mechanical integrity and equipment reliability fields.
- Lynne Kaley: Lynne is Principal at Trinity Bridge LLC and is an internationally recognized industry expert and leader in the development and use of Risk-Based Inspection technology for the refining and petrochemical industry.
- Marc McConnell: Marc is the Metallurgy & Fixed Equipment Engineering Coordinator at Versa Integrity Group and has more than 30 years of oil refining experience as a maintenance/reliability corrosion engineer, process engineer, project engineer, mechanical integrity expert, and business manager.
- David Moore: David has over 25 years of experience in the inspection, corrosion, and materials engineering fields, serving many years with Chevron and BP.
- John Nyholt: John is a world-renowned non-destructive testing and inspection subject matter expert with over 35 years of experience in the inspection industry, including 25 years with BP. John currently provides independent consulting on NDE training and testing, NDE application development, and NDE technique validation.
- Clay White: Clay is the Fixed Equipment Network Lead at Phillips 66 and previously served as the Chair of API’s Subcommittee on Inspection (SCI). Over his nearly 30 years in petrochemical and refining industry, Mr. White has gained extensive experience dealing with Risk Based Inspection, Fitness-For-Service, Corrosion and Materials, and a host of other mechanical integrity related issues.
We are thrilled to add these experts to the Inspectioneering team in 2017 and will continue to provide our community of asset integrity professionals with the highest quality resources possible.
Work hard. Work smart.