Measuring the Effectiveness of the Pressure Equipment Integrity Management Process
In this Part 2, I will provide a few more details, as to the type of issues that we delve into during our site reviews in each of the above categories, starting with “PEI Leadership and Administrative Issues”.
PEI Leadership and Administrative Issues
This section reviews such issues as:
- Inspection, organization and staffing,
- The existence and quality of PEI role descriptions
- Leak and failure reporting, investigations, and corrective actions
- Internal measurements for the quality of PEI effectiveness and efficiency
- How well the MOC (Management of Change) process functions for PEI issues
- Turnaround planning and execution for PEI issues
- How well integrated the whole PEI process is throughout the various functions at the site, and
- The extent and quality of systems for PEI management.